Sunday, December 14, 2008

Let's get started

I will look over one site a day and pull some of the more interesting pieces. 

A ran across this piece on the auto industry along the Automile in Mass. done by old friend Bill Greene. He tells a great story in stills or video. 

What I see here is a great use of b-roll. Greene has plucked out some great images of an empty showroom to go along with the audio of the finance manager. He has also pulled some stills to add to the b-roll and animated them slightly (Ken Burns effect). Great use of music added to the whole feel of the down economy. 

Currently the Globe has it's photogs rotate on a two week basis with the video camera. Some of the staff love it, others hate it. But that seems to be where most newspaper staffs are at these days. They use the Brightcove flash viewer which makes the video look great.

I come from the old print school and have always loved the printed page. I now find myself as a multimedia editor and have charged in head first and find I really like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment