Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Day - New London CT

 I have always been a fan of the New London Day in CT. Yesterday I was tipped off to the new JW video viewer and flash setup over on their web site so I cruised by to take a look and was really impressed with what Peter Huoppi has done. It looks very much like the Brightcove viewer that we are used to on the large newspaper sites but I believe that Huoppi has customized the flash interface himself. Well done. My only thought was that I would like to see more of a galley between the thumbnails and the playing video, probably not an easy coding task.

While there I saw some great stuff. Tim Cook's storm video was appropriate for today's post so I highlight here. Great b-roll, nice sound with even a little music thrown in. The interviews were good although I'm not sure who the guy waiting for the bus is, great quote though "I'm lovin it". A nice short newspaper piece by Cook - show us people out and about in the storm. That's what community journalism is all about.  

Click on the picture below to see the video.


No comments:

Post a Comment