Friday, December 19, 2008

Interactive Multimedia - Roanoke Times

I finally was able to pull up and look at some of Gitner and staff's work at the Roanoke Times. I really like what they have done with this project. The interactive map of the Appalachian Trail as it winds through the Roanoke area has hotspots in it that when rolled over show the multimedia offered. A really cool way of presenting the piece. My only criticism is that the only embeded video is overly compressed and appears blocky. Now this could be old technology since this project was done in 2006. Things have really changed in the last two years. But since my bandwidth this morning was really slow I could not look at much else. I'll come back to this site again and look at the really cool stuff they have done lately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment